In a scene straight out of a movie, a Utah dad helped trap two men who tried to solicit his teen daughters for sex.
Police say two unidentified sisters, ages 14 and 16, were walking through a Macey's grocery store parking lot on Wednesday when 27-year-old Alexander Navidad-Hernandez and 36-year-old Javier Santos-Jacobo approached them asking if they wanted any money. Navidad-Hernandez handed the girls a five-dollar bill with a phone number scribbled across it and told them to call if they wanted more.
Ugh, gross! It's beyond disturbing to know that there are grown men out who will treat such young girls like that.Continue Reading >
A 21-year-old Hofstra University student was killed after an intruder broke into the off-campus Long Island home she shared with friends.
According to police, a male and three females were inside the home when a man with a ski mask forced his way in at 2:30 a.m. on Friday morning. The suspect reportedly ordered one of the women to visit a nearby ATM and make a cash withdrawal while he held her friends hostage inside. She called 911 and when police arrived shortly after, shots were fire, leaving both the suspect and junior Andrea Rebello dead.
So unbelievably scary and sad ... this is truly the kind of nightmarish story that keeps parents awake at night.Continue Reading >
Kevin and Marina Krim, the New York City couple whose two young children were murdered by their nanny last year, have just revealed they're expecting a baby boy this fall.
Nearly a year after the heartbreaking and controversial tragedy, the couple posted the happy announcement on a Facebook page dedicated to their two slain children, Lucia (known as Lulu) and Leo.
"We are very happy to let you know that Marina is expecting a baby in the fall," they wrote yesterday.Continue Reading >
Mourners at a funeral recently got the shock of a lifetime when the man they were about to bury suddenly came back to life!
Yup, you read that right. Friends and family thought 34-year-old Zimbabwe man Brighton Dama Zanthe had died after a long illness ... until he started moving in his coffin last Monday.Continue Reading >
An Australian mom is understandably outraged after staff at a childcare center lost her 5-year-old son--and didn't even notice until a full hour later after he had been found!!Continue Reading >
Shortly after announcing that Ariel Castro intends to plead not guilty to his charges, the 52-year-old suspect's lawyers are now publicly insisting that their client is not a "monster," despite the tales of horror that have recently been surfacing in the media.
In an interview on Wednesday, Castro's attorneys, Craig Weintraub, defended his client by claiming that the media's "sensationalistic" portrayal of Castro has cost him a fair trial and given the world the wrong impression of who he really is. So who is Castro, according to Weintraub?Continue Reading >
Multiple deadly tornadoes tore through several North Texas neighborhoods early Thursday, killing at least six and injuring more than 100 others, authorities said.
At least 10 tornadoes struck the area, with the Granbury neighborhood being declared the worst-hit city. At a press conference this morning, police said that seven of the fourteen people originally reported missing were located, but that the other seven are still unaccounted for. Now, investigators are left to search for the missing and survey the extensive damage left in the aftermath.Continue Reading >
A group of high school seniors on their way to the prom are making headlines after they stopped their limo and came to the rescue of seven car crash victims, whose van overturned on a Florida highway.Continue Reading >
Chilling photos of Cleveland kidnapper's "House of Horrors" leak as lawyers reveal plan to plead not guilty (PHOTOS)
Chilling new photos of Ariel Castro's backyard reveal some of the horrifying methods the Cleveland kidnapping suspect used to keep his captives hidden from the outside world. In the recently surfaced snapshots, spools of barbed wire are pictured tossed about his yard, along with heavy metal chains and rolls of tarp.Continue Reading >
An Australian teen with autism lost most of his fingers in a homemade bomb explosion that was reportedly all part of a vicious prank. Fifteen-year-old Michael Boggan was sitting with a group of other teens outside of a suburban home on Friday when one of them handed him what seemed to be a golf ball, but was actually a homemade bomb allegedly filled with ball bearings and white powder.
"All I remember is I was shaking (the ball) up a little bit and then boom. I couldn't see or hear," Boggan told Australia's Channel 10 news. Who does something like this? What is wrong with kids these days?Continue Reading >