Your 7 worst health habits & how to fix them!
I'm a pretty healthy eater, so I always thought that I had pretty good health habits. And then I read Fitness magazine's "The 7 Worst Health Habits Ever" and realized that I am DEFINITELY very far off from my goals. I may be eating well and exercising whenever I can, but there are more surprising things that we're all probably doing that just aren't good for our health. That's why this list of your 7 worst health habits and how to fix them is SO great. I mean, the point of knowing all of this is so that you can do better, right? And there's no better time to start than now!
Read more in ¿Qué más? Miracle drug Viagra may be the magic pill for weight loss!
1. Going to bed with makeup on: Keeping this bad habit can not only cause a serious breakout but it also leads to majorly clogged pores. If you're usually too tired and/or lazy for a good face washing at night, keep makeup remover cloths by your bedside and do the job before you fall asleep.
2. Changing from flats to heels: It might surprise you to hear that those flats you can easily roll up into your purse are NOT good for your feet, since they offer no stability or cushioning. Instead, wear supportive athletic shoes on your way to the office and change into your pretty heels later.
3. Falling asleep in your contacts: I admit that this is definitely one that I do more often than I should. The issue isn't just dry eyes, though, you can get a serious infection from doing this. Avoid the problem by always washing your hands properly, cleaning your lenses and wearing glasses when your eyes are irritated.
4. Not flossing every single day: Honestly, brushing your teeth is great but it only really cleans the front and bath but not the food that might be stuck in between your teeth, causing damage all day. Try flossing right before bed to get all the germs out before sleep.
5. Eating too much fast food: Well, you won't find me arguing with this one! Although I'm definitely okay with the occasional nibble, try to cut down your intake to once a week, then once every two weeks and then less if you can manage it. Trust me, your waistline will thank you!
6. Drinking one too many cocktails: Well, cocktails aren't going to be doing you any favors thanks to all of the sugar content but you can switch to wine or hard liquor instead. The only issue? Having more than one a day, which is the optimal moderate rate for women.
7. Forgetting to exercise a bit: Walking is really the key to weight loss and building muscle will not only help you get there faster but also protect your bones. Think you don't have too much time to exercise? Do interval training (high-intensity cardio like jumping jacks and dancing, coupled with lifting weights) during commercials while you're watching your evening TV.
Image via Thinkstock