6 Easy ways to look gorgeous without any makeup
Believe it or not, even celebrities have their days when they don't feel like dolling up. Selena Gomez was recently spotted without a drop of makeup on Tuesday as she walked to her car in Studio City, California, and she sent the internet into a frenzy. The picture above is another instance where she's walking around carefree with not a hint of makeup on. Ever since she broke it off with ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber, it seems like she's been rocking a much more carefree look. I was actually impressed at how great the Spring Breakers star looked au naturel. This certainly isn't the first time we see Selena walking around fresh faced and sporting it quite confidently. But any of us can have this amazing makeup-free look too!
Read more ¿Qué más? 9 Homemade beauty remedies every Latina swears by
The truth is, in the mad rush of the morning, there isn't always time to apply makeup. I can't tell you how many times I've had to choose between having breakfast or applying mascara. My goal is usually get up, get out and in as little time as possible. But there are ways you can confidently walk out of the door without a dab of makeup on just like Selena Gomez. The trick is getting your bare skin to look naturally glowy and radiant. Check out a few of my tips below and find out how it's done!
1. Keep your brows groomed: Good brows really do go a long way. Neat, defined eyebrows help pull your face and put the focus on your features. Try using a brow gel in between appointments. I like Anastasia Brow Gel ($21).
2. Exfoliate: Exfoliating regularly (especially during the winter months) helps buff away dead skin, leaving it smooth and polished. Try Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish ($30).
3. Always, always, always moisturize: Dehydrated skin tends to look dull. To give your complexion a healthy radiance apply a moisturizer that's right for your skin type. If you have dry skin use a formula that includes ingredients like jojoba oil, ceramides or sweet almond oil that works to repair the lipid moisture barrier in the skin, like Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer ($7). For oily skin types, opt for a moisturizer that includes ingredients like sodium hyaluronate or cucumber fruit extract, like Yes to Cucumbers Complete Care Facial Hydrating Lotion ($15). Then pinch your cheeks a little to create a nice, natural flush.
4. Glow! A few dabs of a skin illuminator can help even skin and add a natural looking glow without having to apply any makeup. I love St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Skin Illuminator in Gold ($23). It works almost like a bronzer giving me a glamorous gold sheen. I normally apply it to the bridge or my nose, cheek bones and even add a little to my lips.
5. Prep your lashes: You can actually make your lashes look longer, fuller and even darker by combing through a glossy coat of Vaseline using an eyelash comb or even a cotton swap. To make eyes look more wide awake, make sure to curl lashes beforehand using a eye lash curler, like Shiseido Eyelash Curler ($19). With just one squeeze you'll see an instant difference.
6. Don't forget your lips: Ever noticed how a few swabs from a bold lipstick can instantly pull together your look? Hydrate your pout first with an olive oil and honey mixture to smooth away dryness. Then lock in moisture with a lip balm that includes a subtle tint of color. This will give you a healthy, youthful appearance. I love Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 ($23).
Image via Splash News